I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Monday 14 July 2008

Progress Update

My February Lady Sweater is coming along nicely. I have gotten used to the gull lace stitch pattern and have managed to get on without making any mistake, which is a relief as I had to do the first repeat twice due to mistakes and figured it was going to be a very long project if I had to do each repeat twice.

I'm really enjoying knitting this, now that I've got the hang of the lace pattern I'm finding it a breeze but the kind of breeze that I still have to think about, which I haven't had in a knitting project for a long time. I needed something a little more challenging, which this is but not so much it hurts. Hopefully this will prepare me for a bit more lace knitting that I have planned, although I'm not sure how much knitting time I'm going to have over the next few months for reasons I can't go into at the moment.

There are more socks I want to knit now, Opal have a new range of their Hundertwasser sock yarn and I love it. I will try to restrain myself for a bit but I'm sure it won't be long before I'm over at Tricolaine raiding Annelis' stock!

3 comments:

Mousecanknit said...

the pattern's gorgeous. i might take note of this one for the future.

how are the papers, etc. going?

cosmicsnail said...

I love knitting this and I've fallen in love with the sweater before it's even finished! Papers are going slowly, waiting for a mark before I carry on, lacking confidence on that paper...

cinnamongirl93 said...

I love the color you chose for your sweater. I also want to knit that sweater. I need to find more hours in the day! Nice work so far!