I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Thursday 20 November 2008

34 Knitting Days until Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is so near now. Every time I think I've nearly finished all my Christmas knitting I think 'maybe I should knit something for so-and-so'. I'll never get done at this rate.

I finished my Chevron Socks last night and am really pleased with them. I'm going to use the same pattern for my dad's socks and expect I will eventually use it for myself with my Harry Potter sock yarn, although when will get around to that is anyone's guess.

I promised my mum that I would knit her some Christmas decorations for the shop as she's been too busy to do anything herself. A little foolish, I know but they're only little and shouldn't take up too much time. I should have plenty of opportunity to knit over the weekend if we get the snow we're forecast, although I won't hold my breathe, we didn't really get any in town last year. It's meant to snow Saturday through to Monday, which I am looking forward to, although I'll probably be staying indoors as I'm really rubbish at walking in the snow and I'm sure my ability won't be improved with my ever expanding belly - I seem to have lost my centre of gravity!

Anyway, so, I actually made a quick start on the Christmas decorations last night and knit up a six-pointed star. It took me about an hour to knit. I used Martifil Diva on 4mm needles. I had received the yarn from my Secret Knitting Pal on Swap-Bot. I think it looks really pretty, especially with the silver sparkles. I will knit up a few more. There are some other patterns that I'm planning on knitting, including some baubles and some knitted fairy lights, should be interesting!

4 comments:

Mousecanknit said...

crap. 34 days? and if i need to knit stuff in time to send it to the states by, say the beginning of december? i be screwed. doh.

i like the little six pointed star. it's pretty gosh darn cute.

i can almost guarantee i'll probably bail, right about the time some cute guy walks by. because that is what i do. though, admittedly, i was doing really well this past winter and only bailed on my first day of work, walking into the security section to get my id badge. classic. i thought you had those wicked cool anti-slipping boots or something?

cosmicsnail said...

Ah, yes, my boots, I forgot about them. They're a bit furry though so I don't know how I feel about wearing them in town rather than just up in the mountains. I will see how dire it gets...

Annelis said...

the star is cute. i have a christmas tree coming outside the shop and maybe i should make stars instead of pompoms like last year to decorate it. although they might get stolen if they turn out as nice as yours. hhhmmm...

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.