I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Thursday 25 October 2007

Secret Knitting Pal

I just discovered Secret Knitting Pals yesterday, and I really want one! The problem is, I seem to have missed the boat on all the latest ones. Knitty do one through their forum, but you have to have at least 100 posts before you can join a swap. I only joined yesterday, so I think it will take me a while to get there, I don't want to post one word answers to other posts, and they don't like you to do that you get your numbers up.

There is also the Secret Knitting Pal on Blogspot, they are up to number SP11 now, but that is just coming to an end, so I will have to keep an eye out for SP12. In the meantime, I have signed up to Swap Bot, although I can't join any of the knitting related swaps yet as some swaps require you to have a certain rating, I have joined some other swaps, like a Christmas card swap, to get my rating up and also it's fun to send and receive things from complete strangers in the post! Some of the send dates are coming up soon, so I will let you know what I get!

I signed up to Ravelry on October 20, so am eagerly awaiting my invitation to join.

You signed up on October 20, 2007
You are #46481 on the list.
11716 people are ahead of you in line.
2102 people are behind you in line.
69% of the list has been invited so far

I think it could be a while before they get to me. My friend from my SnB group said it took about a month before she got her invitation, I just hope I can wait that long as everyone says it is fantastic!

I'm afraid I still have no photos for you as I am writing this at work (it's very quiet in the office as it's 6pm and I'm covering reception), but I will try my best to get snapping over the weekend and get some pictures up so you can see how I've been getting along with things.

No comments: