I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Monday 5 November 2007

Swap Bot Goodies!

My first package of goodies through Swap Bot arrived today, it was very exciting! I got such a beautiful package, my partner had really gone all out to go through my profile to find things I would love. She sent me two really cute place mats with pockets with a pair of chopsticks in them. I love the fabric, it's a blue and brown retro print - just gorgeous! She also sent me a skein of Knit Picks 'Shimmer' yarn - 70% Baby Alpaca, 30% silk. It's really beautiful and soft, I feel a pair of cabled socks coming along there!

I also got a cute notebook and set of 8 funky pens, some chai spiced tea (just finished a cup, very yummy, especially in this cold weather!) and some cute stickers. I really feel like I've been spoiled! I'm loving Swap Bot! My husband keeps asking me what the point of it is, I don't think he understands why I would want to send gifts to complete strangers, but I think that's the whole fun of it. It's such a nice feeling to read about someone you've never met and then to put together a gift for them, I just think it's so charming!

I have actually set up my own swap now on Swap Bot, it's a Secret Knitting Pal swap, of course, although it won't be very secret as you need to know who sends you your gift so you can rate them, but it's still fun! I'm signed up to a few swaps now. My postcards from the Autumn Postcard Swap are trickling in, I've received two out of five so far, they're really cute, we write an autumn memory on the back of an autumnal themed card.

I'm also signed up to a Secret Sister Swap, where you send your partner a gift every month for three months, there's no particular theme, so you just buy gifts based on your partner's profile. I'm doing a Secret Santa Swap and also a Christmas Card swap, it's all very exciting! (I'm sure I'm repeating myself!).

I had a really nice weekend, my best friend was over from the UK, it was so nice to spend some time with her, although we did have a couple of boozy nights! She actually dragged me to work last night, who goes to a club on a Sunday night???! It's just a good thing that I had a day off work today! I was really sad to say goodbye to my friend, she's like a sister to me. She did make me laugh though because she is knitting a cushion, but she's very much a beginner knitter and had made a mistake ages ago and had to wait until she saw me to fix it before she could carry on! She was very pleased when I sorted it out for her so she could get back to it! We did spend a lot of time sitting around the apartment, knitting and drinking tea, perfect activities for a chilly Genevois weekend!

I'm pretty sure that I'm rambling quite a lot, I am still feeling a little delicate after last night, but I really need to crack on and clean the apartment as it's currently looking like a tornado ripped through it over the weekend, put me and my friend together for a few days and you'd be amazed by the amount of mess that we can create!

No comments: