I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Monday 4 August 2008

Work avoidance techniques

I'm on to the next Christmas present. I am knitting my brother's scarf at the moment. I'm not sure if I like knitting with Patons Zhivago or not, it's 50% acrylic, 50% Tencel but it really feels like knitting with just acrylic. I've never knit with Tencel before, so I don't know what that should feel like.

I shouldn't be knitting at all at the moment, I should be writing an assignment at the moment. I'm supposed to have had five done before I go off on my workshop in York next week but so far I've only done two. I've been told I can get away with three so I really need to get my next one done by the end of the week so it can be marked before my workshop starts on 17th. I've written one paragraph. At least it's a start. Technically, I'm not allowed to do the workshop without completing and passing the assignments. Oh dear. I seem to be having a problem with self motivation. I think I should lock away all my knitting until I've completed all my work, and block Ravelry and Facebook so I'm not distraced every five minutes by them too.

Right, I'm off button shopping and then I will sit down and write 500 words of my assignment. Promise...

1 comment:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Ha! I try and make myself a deal. If I do ...say one hour of cleaning then I can spent the rest of the day knitting. It never works out that way. LOL!!