I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Sunday 15 March 2009

Some projects finally off my needles

So, despite having a little baby to deal with all the time, I have still managed to do a bit of knitting and have actually finished some things. I finally got around to taking a photo of my Rowan Iceland sweater, after buying buttons last week.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and think it looks really nice. I was a bit worried that I finished it just in time for the weather to start warming up but I figure I can just wear it over a t-shirt when it's a bit chilly instead of a coat. I can't wear it under a coat because the sleeves are too wide and bunch up under my armpits under a coat, which looks very amusing.

I also finally finished my Wendy baby hoodie, which I was having trouble with due to a very strange looking hood. I thought the pattern was all wrong and was going to frog the hood and knit a new one until my friend pointed out that I simply hadn't joined the top seam so the hood was quite flat. All I needed to do was remove the ribbing on the hood, sew the seam and re-knit the hood and hey-presto, a handsome looking hood, yay! So, I did that last night and found some buttons I had kicking about from a project I never finished and voila, a finished little sweater for baby Molly. No pictues of her in it yet though as it's for 3-6 months.

I need to be knitting some baby things for other babies at the moment, two of my friends have recently dropped baby girls - very cute. I feel the need to spread the knitted love.

1 comment:

Shayouma said...

beautiful.. I love hoodies!