I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Saturday 16 February 2008

Does the sweater curse apply to married couples?

So, I am knitting Mr H a sweater. So far, the only other thing I have knitted him is a hat, which he does actually wear a lot. I'm just hoping that the sweater curse doesn't apply to married couples, I don't want to spend lots of time knitting a jumper, only for it to end in divorce!

I'm really enjoying knitting with this yarn. It's Rowan Country in 652 Willow and nice and chunky so it is knitting up quite quickly. My only problem is that I am used to. It's very warm using smaller needles, so I'm a bit cack-handed with my 9mm! Hopefully I will get used to them, although I'm not sure how I will cope if I ever decide to knit anything with my 20mm needles!

I haven't actually been doing a lot of knitting lately. We have had a friend of mine crashing at ours for nearly a week now after she had to leave her room due to an alcoholic house mate/landlord. Don't get me wrong, she's a friend and I'm happy to help, but I am kind of at the point where I will be very happy to have just me and Mr H in the apartment. She's not even here much, but I just get a bit funny about these things. I guess I must be pretty territorial!

My friend is over from Canada at the moment, so I am looking forward to seeing her tonight. We were meant to be going skiing in Les Gets today, but I'm still not feeling too good and have been in pain so decided it was best to just save myself for tonight, so I have been sitting on the sofa, drinking tea, knitting and listening to podcasts, what a lovely way to spend the day when you're feeling a little rotten!

I have finally given up on my Rowan baby jacket, at least I think I have.... I just can't be bothered to finish sewing it up. I sat down about an hour ago to do it, but seem to have lined it all up wrong and am going to have to undo it and I really can't be bothered, especially now I don't know who will be receiving it as I think baby Nola is probably a bit too big now! It's not even difficult and it's quite pretty, I just don't know what my problem is with it, I can't see any legitimate reason as to why I wouldn't like it or want to finish it, I guess projects like that just pop up from time to time.

No comments: