I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Saturday 12 April 2008

Swapbot Rocks!

I got another beautiful Swapbot package on Wednesday. It turned up just at the right time as I'd had a horrid day at work, which resulted in me shouting at my boss. Never a good idea. Anyway, the swap was Sock Knitters - embellished and I received two balls of Regia sock yarn with beads and a pattern for the Rolling Thunder socks on Knitty.com, which was actually quite funny as that was the pattern I sent to my partner, who had also sent it to her partner! I also received some beautiful handmade stitch markers, tea and chocolate. I love these packages! I have had to cut down on them though as it costs me 19CHF (about £9.50) everytime I send a package to the USA, which I just can't afford at the moment with my scummy salary. I am trying to keep an eye out for Europe only swaps for handmade items - much easier on the purse.

I have just finished knitting the front of the Rugged sweater for Mr H, although I'm not sure he really deserves it at the moment after rolling in at 2.30am this morning a little worse for wear and then fell asleep on the hall floor! Apparantly it wasn't his fault as his boss just kept buying him drinks! I will be punishing him by making him do the shopping today and then by taking me over to Divonne tomorrow so we can go to the market there which is meant to be really nice.

The sweater is looking good so far. So, all I need to do now is knit the sleeves which have some big cables on them. I was going to make the cables smaller but then I would have to change the ribbing on the cuffs or it will look strange but then the ribbing won't match the rest of the sweater, which would just annoy me, so after explaining this to Mr H, he decided that the cables aren't so bad. He had just better wear it or I won't be amused! At least it's looking like it's going to be a god fit, which is a relief.

I've decided that I am going to have a pretty lazy weekend (is that actually any different to any other weekend?!). I've been so tired lately and haven't been sleeping well so I think I really need to take care of myself. I also really need to get my first assignment written for my Montessori teaching course. It's all started and all I really need to do is fill in the gaps, it's just a matter of building up the motivation again, I'm not sure where it came from last week but I guess I should try to work that out!

No comments: