I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Friday 16 May 2008

Back From The UK

I arrived back in Geneva on Tuesday night after a week in the UK. I meant to post while I was there but never got around to it. It was so nice spending time with my mum, catching up and drooling over everything in the shop!

I came back with some Debbie Bliss Prima, some Noro Kureyon Sock and some Araucania Ranco Multy. I have already cast on the Noro sock yarn (I did that while I was in the car waiting to get on the ferry!). I'm going to knit myself a pair of socks in a 1 row rib, 1 row purl stitch pattern. My mum is knitting a top using this stitch pattern and it looks really pretty, so I'll be interested to see how it turns out on the socks. Of course, I will post progress reports.

While I was in the UK I knit Mr H a pair of red and white striped socks for his birthday as he was saying that he's the only person I haven't knit a pair of socks for. I did finish the first in the pair of his green and white socks but didn't take the second ball of yarn with me as I didn't expect to finish the first one. Mr H like the socks although he hasn't worn them yet. He called them 'Happy socks'. They were knit in Regia's Nations Colours which are meant to be Olympic colours (although my mum says they've actually discontinued most of the colours, which doesn't really make sense since the Olympics are coming up), they were knit on 3mm dpns over 64 stitches - my generic sock pattern.

The twins arrived yesterday morning, a boy and a girl as predicted, born at 12:14 and 12:15 am by c-section. They actually went full term and a day, which I find amazing! I haven't spoken to the proud parents yet, which is why I lack any further information, you can't trust a man to get all the vital details! I am washing their Baby Yoda sweaters as I type so I can get them sent off to them. It's just typical that they were born the day after I got back from the UK, I really should have gone to visit the parents while I was over but I refused to drive anywhere! At least Mr H gets to share his birthday with the twins.

I have given up on my Wendy bolero, decided I don't actually like the pattern and I hate knitting in black. I was going to knit it in the Prima but I still decided that the pattern was a little old fashioned so I am going to use it to knit a shrug instead. I just need to get myself some 4.5mm circs to knit it on.

No comments: