I am Sarena. I live in Geneva. I like to knit.

Tuesday 20 May 2008

The Devil Makes Work for Idle Hands

Right, I'm determined I'm going to do it this time. I'm going to give up smoking, for good this time. I'm sure knitting will help me through my many hours of need, if I'm knitting, I can't smoke, smoking is a waste of valuable knitting time. Urgh, I wish I'd never picked up a cigarette all those years ago. Today is my first day, I've not been up for long (I'm not lazy, I couldn't sleep last night) so I can't really say I'm doing well, give me a few more hours.

So, I shall be working on my Evening Shrug while I get through the first few days of withdrawal, after that, I have plenty of socks to be getting on with. I'm really pleased with how it's coming along, I'm about 30% into it now. I am wondering if I can knit it in one piece but I'm sure there must be a good reason why it's knit in two, I just don't really like the idea of a seam down the back.

There are so many things I want to knit at the moment and it's all Ravelry's fault! I have to avoid looking at the patterns on there otherwise I end up adding more and more to my queue! I have 23 projects in my queue at the moment, which I don't think is too bad but there will always be things I want to knit that aren't on my queue.

No comments: